Second edit of book two is with Netta!
I compiled the latest version of the book and sent it off to Netta today. The last version she got was 160,000+ words; this one was 147,000+ words. No major plot points were excised; I just severely tightened up the writing. Not too much, I hope.
Adding to today's big news: I got the first concept sketch from Bea Gonzalez today for the cover. Nothing I can show you guys yet, but when there is you'll see it.
I have decided to do a Kickstarter for the remaining money I need for book two. Fundraising here has done well; it's just that there are a lot of readers who don't come here and don't know about the presale. Kickstarter is a way to reach them, and I'm pretty confident I can make the rest of the money pretty quickly there.