Recipe Challenge - Food for Lazy Cooks
Here's the deal: I'm impatient, busy, not a fan of cleaning dishes, and not a foodie. Also, I'm cheap. However, I still enjoy cooking tasty meals and trying different dinner menus. Thus... the challenge:
~~~M'M RECIPE CHALLENGE~~~
1) Prep time + cooking time under 30 minutes. Under 20 minutes is even better.
2) No really exotic/obscure/hard-to-obtain/expensive ingredients. One expensive ingredient isn't so bad if it's just an accent a larger meal.
3) No really exotic/obscure/hard-to-obtain/expensive appliances, utensils, or cookware required. Fewer pots, pans, and dishes to clean up is better, but not as important as the time rule.
4) Meals that don't count because they're already part of the standard lunch/dinner rotation: hot dogs+baked beans, mac'n'cheese+tuna+frozen veggies, frozen pizzas, pancakes, pasta+tomato sauce+italian sausage.
5) No alcohol (i.e. no red wine sauce, no beer batter). If you do post one that includes alcohol, you have to include a note telling me I can make it okay without alcohol or what non-alcohol I can use as a substitute.
6) Not required, but suggested: if you happen to know of a way to tweak your recipe so it's nut-free, gluten-free, diabetic-friendly, kosher, halal, vegetarian, piggin, and/or otherwise accommodate strange dietary requirements, please include that in a note, too.
7) Post your recipe the usual way, but make a note of the title in a comment here so I know what to look for.
I'll wait until 9pm EST this Friday night to pick my favorite recipe. I'll give the winner 25 points AND I'll make a (small) donation to MeiLin in the winner's name. BUT I want recipes from at least five different people, or else no prizes!
(Davik, you get a handicap: two of your recipes equals one of someone else's).