Web Novels and Serials
- Digital Novelists
- An initiative by yrs trly to bring free online fiction to readers, and quality web hosting and development to web novelists and serialists.
- Web Fiction Guide
- You can review the History here (please!), as well as find lots of other good online novels to read, all of it reviewed.
- Online Novels
- Another good place to find stuff to read.
- A new magazine devoted to online fiction--good reading!
- Bargain eBooks
- Find ebooks in all genres under $5
- The Peacock King
- An illustrated web serial telling the story of a Poet, his sentient guns, and the despotic ruler he's trying to defeat.
- Dark Matters
- Post-apocalyptic gothy goodness.
- A beautifully written fantasy slice-of-life serial about a noblewoman trying to retain her sanity in a restrictive world. Subtle, rich and sporadically updated. Don't let the dates confuse you; she's backdating so that the time of year and day of week in the story match up with the real world.
- The Astonishing Adventures of Lord Likely
- "Astonishing" ain't in it!
- City of Roses
- Set in my home town, this urban fantasy eschews the usual vampires and werewolves for an intelligent, erudite but accessible story of a world that exists beneath the already-weird veneer of Portland, Oregon. If you liked "Neverwhere," you'll like this.
- The Flying Cloud
- A ripping yarn with dirigibles!
- (NSFW) Really hot erotica comics by some of the best female webcomic artists out there, including Gina Biggs of Red String.
- Love in Idleness
- No1 Daughter's webcomic about goth fairy Violet Jones, cheerful fairy Julian Robbit, his sister Sira, and the knomes who want to eat them. Yes, "knomes." One of them wears a chef hat. She's only
12 1314; stick through the earlier chapters and watch her talent explode as she progressively improves. I am seriously proud of this kid. Note: She's on hiatus right now and will be starting the entire story over again soon.
- Modest Medusa
- A boy and his little snake-girl. As long as he feeds her chocodiles, the world is safe from her adorableness. (This is No1 Daughter's sorta-teacher.)
- Friendly Hostility
- Hilarious, character-driven magical realist story of two boys in love. Except that's not really what it's about. Just go read it, from the beginning. It's addictive. AND IT'S OVER! *sob*
- Other People's Business
- BUT! Sandra has gone on with this related comic, in which she has promised the "Hostility" characters will appear from time to time. Just started. That said, do go read the archive of Friendly Hostility. It's so very good.
- A Prohibition tale of the Roaring '20s, told entirely with cats. AMAZING artwork.
- Khaos Komix
- Gay, bi and transgendered teens fall in love. Funny and sweet, but real.
- SPQR Blues
- "A Soap Opera with Swords and Sandals," set in a scrupulously researched Roman-era Pompeii, including The Volcano. And klio is updating again! huzzay!
- Two Rooks
- Alice Fox's futuristic action comic. Alice is the official imperial portraitist of the Greater Kingdom as well.
- Goodbye Chains
- An absolutely daft Western about a well-spoken ne'er-do-well named Banquo and the Irish communist revolutionary who loves him. One of my favorites.
- Red String
- A manga-style comic from the talented Gina Biggs.
- Questionable Content
- Jeph Jacques explores the 20-something indie world in a way that actually makes me care about the characters--and makes me laugh my ancient ass off.
- The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal
- EK Weaver's in-progress graphic novel about an Indian-American guy and a congenial stoner on a road trip across the country. Sometimes NSFW, always interesting.
- Chester 5000 XYV (VERY NSFW)
- Erotic comic about a girl and her sexbot. And her jealous husband. And the widder lady he tries to sell the sexbot to. Actually, this is a very sweet, very hot comic.
- Lady Sabre and the Pirates of the Ineffable Aether
- This is starting to shape up into a pretty interesting steampunk/fantasy comic. Great artwork.
- Walking on Broken Glass
- Werewolves, demons and every day office politics.
Web TV Series
Created specially for Felicia Day, who rocks my world with her adorably geeky self.
- The Guild
- A situation comedy about a guild of online gamers, starring Felicia Day (Dr Horrible's love, Penny). You MUST watch it. If it isn't about you, it's about people you know.
- Animus Cross
- An independently produced supernatural western series verging on horror.
- Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab
- The wackiest and most amazing perfume line I've ever sniffed. I collect this stuff. Beth and her crew are brilliant.
- An extremely friendly forum for BPAL perfume maniacs. A fun place to hang.
- Jonathan Coulton
- He's not unreasonable.
- Wil Wheaton
- If all you know him from is Star Trek, you don't know him. One of the geekiest guys of his generation, which is a compliment, and a heckuva writer. Funny as hell, a super nice guy--a mensch--and designer of my current favorite t-shirt. You need to read him